[time-nuts] Z3801A EEPROM

Joseph Gray jgray at zianet.com
Fri Mar 18 18:37:27 EDT 2016

Magnus,

Yes, I know that is how it works. I was just curious if anyone knew
how and where that information was stored in the EEPROM. I thought it
might be nice not to fool around with trying to set the date before it
queried the satellites, to avoid the 1024 week issue. If I could
update the EEPROM, I'd be good for at least this 20 year cycle.

I know, this issue doesn't come up often, unless the unit get's power
cycled, which isn't often (usually years). But thinking about the
small stuff is what makes me hang around with everyone else here. This
came up recently because of my troubleshooting a flakey Z3801A and the
fact that I traded for another Z3801A.

Joe Gray
W5JG