[time-nuts] Thunderbolt Serial Port Shutdown

Dave Brown tractorb at ihug.co.nz
Sun Mar 20 02:10:47 EDT 2016

Are there any circumstances when the Thunderbolt serial port is disabled by
firmware?  My TB runs 24/7 but stopped the night before last for no apparent
reason.   I only discoverd this when I checked Lady Heather early
yesterday.(19 March) LH had stopped with a 'no data' warning late on the
18th Feb. I initially restarted LH but to no avail, then powered off the
Thunderbolt briefly-again to no avail. I then left it powered off for over
24 hrs and restarted it around mid-afternoon today (20 March) and now, after
about four hours running normally, it seems like all is back to normal. Just
running Tboltmon at present but will go back to LH later tonight.
DaveB, NZ