[time-nuts] Thunderbolt Serial Port Shutdown

Artek Manuals Manuals at ArtekManuals.com
Sun Mar 20 15:14:20 EDT 2016

On 3/20/2016 2:10 AM, Dave Brown wrote:
> Are there any circumstances when the Thunderbolt serial port is disabled
> by firmware?  My TB runs 24/7 but stopped the night before last for no
> apparent reason.   I only discoverd this when I checked Lady Heather
> early yesterday.(19 March) LH had stopped with a 'no data' warning late
> on the 18th Feb. I initially restarted LH but to no avail, then powered
> off the Thunderbolt briefly-again to no avail. I then left it powered
> off for over 24 hrs and restarted it around mid-afternoon today (20
> March) and now, after about four hours running normally, it seems like
> all is back to normal. Just running Tboltmon at present but will go back
> to LH later tonight.
> DaveB, NZ

DaveB

If I read this correctly . You restarted the program and you power
cycled the T-Bolt ?

What does your serial computer interface look like? is it an older style
dedicated DB9 port on the computer or are you using a USB/Serial interface?

. If this occurs again I would also try rebooting the computer  before I
power cycled the T-Bolt

Dave
NR1DX

--