[time-nuts] Ublox GPS

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Mon Mar 21 11:23:52 EDT 2016

Attached is a picture of the Ublox GPS with 1 pps correction. It is clear
that its on board limitation is the Maxim DS 1124. An alternative would be
two  Micron SY89279UMG's.
It brings up the question I had raised before control of the TCXO. Using
the house reference, a $ 4  ICS 570 and a $ 12 AD9851 board and a PIC
controller using the  the message out of the ublox would result in higher
resolution and overcoming the issues with the above devices. It will not solve  the
problems widely discussed recently external to our GPS units but eliminates
 one set of variables. Also worth exploring is TCXO replacement or
injection  locking.
I would gladly contribute with board design and parts.
Bert Kehren