[time-nuts] high rev isolation amps

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 26 13:57:01 EDT 2016

Consulting the time-nuts hive mind here..

I'm looking for off the shelf connectorized amplifiers with very good
reverse isolation for doing things like intermod measurements (e.g. 2
signal generators followed by amps/pads into a combiner) and phase noise
measurements for a digital receiver.

1-100 MHz kind of frequency range..

I've used ZFL-500LN (30dB gain, 27 dB directivity in the data sheet,
which I interpret as 57dB reverse) , ZX60-4016 (really more of a
microwave amp, and not so hot reverse wise.. 25 dB)

I'm not particularly cost constrained, so a higher power amp (which also
reduces distortion products from the amp) followed by pads is always an
alternative.