[time-nuts] Lightning 1, tbolt 0.

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 09:13:17 EDT 2016

Scott
Sorry to hear that.
I do not know whats used on the output.
But your guess is pretty good. I had a nearby strike on a tree 50 ft away
and it damaged a ton of equipment. Yes it was all grounded and not to start
a debate here about grounding and such.
Its just that a strike that close creates one heck of a pulse. Further
todays homes may have a lot more wire in them phone cable power and
ethernet. So lots of ways to carry the pulse.
So if you do find the chips great.
BUT I have experienced this numbers of times. Something about high clear
and flat for the house. What you may see in the next 90 days is a slow but
sure degradation of things. Just sort of watch out for it. Hard to notice,
but one day maybe your computer has a hard time booting.Maybe the TV volume
control starts to act odd.

Good luck
Paul
WB8TSL