[time-nuts] GPS position

Joseph Gray jgray at zianet.com
Mon May 2 02:44:09 EDT 2016

Now that I have three (maybe four) working GPSDO's, I'd like to set
the GPS coordinates the same on all of them. The survey that each one
does produces very similar coordinates, but not exactly the same.

The Z3801A's have VP's, the Lucent has a UT+. I don't know what is in
the 58540A, as the manual doesn't say and the :DIAG:IDEN:GPS? command
isn't supported.

Would using a modern GPS, like a uBlox, and averaging for quite a
while produce acceptable coordinates to manually enter into all of the
GPSDO's? Of course the uBlox would be on the same splitter and antenna
as the other units during the averaging.

Joe Gray
W5JG