[time-nuts] GPS position

Nick Sayer nsayer at kfu.com
Mon May 2 18:21:44 EDT 2016

I haven’t tried, but if you take two GPS receivers of different manufacturers and feed them the same antenna feed… to what sort of tolerance can you expect their solutions to coincide?

I mean, obviously they’re *supposed* to show the same location, but I can imagine that the math can come up with inexact solutions that may differ systematically (obviously at low resolution) between different manufacturers.

Or are those errors swamped by other factors that are not receiver specific?