[time-nuts] synchronization for telescopes

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed May 4 07:42:41 EDT 2016

Hi

Take a careful look at the phase noise requirements on a (say) 28 MHz signal source with
a jitter of 1 ps. It’s trivial if the low end of the integration bandwidth stops at 1 MHz. If you take
the lower limit into 1 Hz and below, it gets quite challenging. Even the math gets a bit wonky due
to the noise models changing There are  noise floor limits in these modules that are
fine at the many 100’s of ps level, but show up when you try to go below that.

Bob