[time-nuts] High rate, high precision/accuracy time interval counter methods

Ilia Platone info at iliaplatone.com
Wed May 4 16:07:53 EDT 2016

For the sensor timestamping you can try replicate an avalanche effect
with a device which uses a pn-pn substrate configuration ... or
something similar to the avalanche photodiodes.
The avalanche photodiode has very high gain and a response time of some
ps (5ps a commercial APD).
This system may cause some effects like high noise and would need high
breakdown voltages however.
The spurious capacitances can be minimized because in APDs it depends on
the sensor area, which is not needed in your case.
Regards,
Ilia.

--
Ilia Platone