[time-nuts] High rate, high precision/accuracy time interval counter methods

David davidwhess at gmail.com
Mon May 9 03:59:44 EDT 2016

Sure, and then we are back to a transition midpoint timing TDC.  Or AC
couple it for a centroid timing TDC.  These require a lot more
processing to generate a result compared to a time to amplitude
converter but with economical FPGAs and ARM microcontrollers, maybe
this does not matter.

I was just wondering about the speed limitations of a time to
amplitude based TDC.  I am more comfortable with analog design than
using FPGAs.