[time-nuts] OCXO phase pops

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Mon May 9 11:12:34 EDT 2016

Hi Magnus,

I wouldn't know how.  I don't have the password to the thing, either.  I'm not even sure it can be done.

Bob

 Subject: Re: [time-nuts] OCXO phase pops
 To: time-nuts at febo.com
 Cc: magnus at rubidium.se
 Date: Monday, May 9, 2016, 5:30 AM

 How does it behave when
 you run the PRS-45 in open loop?

 Cheers,
 Magnus

 On 05/09/2016 02:43 AM, Bob
 Stewart wrote:
 > I started getting phase
 pops in my testing recently, and I'm pretty sure
 they're from the PRS-45A Cs standard.  Is this likely
 to go away after it cooks some more, or do I need to start
 looking for a new OCXO?  It's been running since
 January, and has an MTI marked model number 250-0827.  The
 only thing I has as a potential replacement is the
 260-0624-C in a spare KS-24361.  I have no idea whether
 they are even close in quality or power/EFC needs.  Oh, and
 when one of these pops happens (usually between 1 and 2ns)
 the output tracks back to where it was, so it doesn't
 seem like it's a problem with the other parts of the
 PRS.

 > Bob -
 AE6RV