[time-nuts] Looking for Z3801 Power Supply Board

Dan Rae danrae at verizon.net
Mon May 23 19:41:51 EDT 2016

On 5/23/2016 3:54 PM, Dave M wrote:
> Dan,
> If you haven't already found the Z3801A page at
> http://www.realhamradio.com/GPS_Frequency_Standard.htm, you should
> read it thoroughly (in your case, especialy the section on the power
> supply).  there is a good pictorial that shows locations of all the
> power supply test points. Using that pictorial, you should be able to
> determine which power supply is causing the problem (there are several).
Dave, it's completely dead.  I do have a schematic of the board (of
uncertain origin), but I suspect it is one of the DC/DC convertors that
is dead.  It just puts the power supply I'm feeding it from into tick
mode but I can't find any obvious short anywhere.  It could be a
Tantalum inside one of the aforesaid convertors, but it's not blown any
pico fuses.

I will continue to puzzle over it...

Dan