[time-nuts] So what’s inside that Cs Beam Tube anyway?

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Wed Nov 2 11:51:35 EDT 2016

30 years that is remarkable glad I have such a tube in my 5061B

In a message dated 11/2/2016 10:53:50 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
richard at karlquist.com writes:

This has  probably been covered here before, but, at least going
to the 5071A, now 25  years ago!, all CBT's, whether high
performance or not, have the same  amount of cesium inside.
This means that the standard performance (never  call it
"low" performance) CBT has enough cesium to last 30 years!
Thus  for those tubes, we can rule out cesium replenishment
even if it were  possible.

Rick

On 11/1/2016 8:38 PM, Mark Sims wrote:
>  You mean I can't just drill a hole in,  wash out the old cesium with
some  tap water ;-),  toss in some new cesium, suck out the air,  bung a  cork
in the hole, and call it a day?   Drat! foiled  again...