[time-nuts] 12.6GhZ Yb clock - was Cs tube pics

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Wed Nov 2 16:54:42 EDT 2016

Hi Michael,
I've got a dumb question about the need for a really good flywheel oscillator for the 12.6Ghz Yb clock:  What is the signal that is locking that oscillator?  Is it a 1PPS, or is it something in the RF domain, such as 10MHz or higher?
I still hope to make a modern version of the old water-hydrogen generator from the 40s or whatever it was.  But, my copious free time seems to be taken up now that I have the time to do it.

AE6RV.com

GFS GPSDO list:
groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/GFS-GPSDOs/info