[time-nuts] Man with too many clocks.

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Nov 5 07:58:32 EDT 2016

Hi

A ten or twenty turn pot on a normal EFC will get you past the point that
you can reasonably set the oscillator. The typical (not GPS version) EFC is down
around 1 to 2 x 10^-7. A 20 turn pot will be running 1x10^-8 per turn. 100 to 200
points per turn is a pretty typical “set” number for a pot. That gets you into the
sub 1x10^-10 region. The OCXO’s we are talking about have a temperature,
 pressure and humidity coefficient that each are well above that level.

Bob