[time-nuts] Thermal impact on OCXO

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Sat Nov 5 19:39:35 EDT 2016

Hi Hal,

With a 20 bit DAC, even a small aging rate is going to show up.  I'll let the one GPSDO cook for a month or so and see what it shows then.  I'll also pull the data from the log file and see if I can see any correlation between the temperature and the EFC over time.  IOW, for data points separated by 3.5 days, does the temperature difference between the two point seem to play a large part of the change in the recorded DAC value.

The graph was made from the logging data sent to the PC.  But, the firmware doesn't have access to historical data on the PC, so something is needed for aging calculations.  Tom mentioned here recently about the 58503A GPSDO saving 64 hours of data for it's aging calculations.  So, I just added a few hours to that to get to 3.5 days of history in the GPSDO.
AE6RV.com

GFS GPSDO list:
groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/GFS-GPSDOs/info