[time-nuts] HP 5275A

Adrian Godwin artgodwin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 20:08:20 EST 2016

I'm pleased to report this TIC is now running again (albeit with some
temporary hacks, such as a 7915 regulator).

There were a couple of dried-out electrolytics, the shorted series-pass
regulator referred to above, and an open-circuit 2N708 controlling the
timebase gating. Another 2N708 died when I failed to push a PCB fully into
its socket. They're rather delicate flowers - Silicon, but only 15V Vceo :
a bit tight when used as switches with a 15V or 13V rail. Replaced with
BC237s, though that's perhaps a bit slow.

This is the HP5275A from france that  Poul-Henning Kamp mentioned in march
2015. It's been sitting here a while waiting for some attention
​
 VID_20161109_003111.mp4
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8q6sqvuGdFfMDI2aXA0NnFWRTg/view?usp=drive_web>

Paul Swed : I'll add some HP9815 porn when I get it reading the 5275A
outputs.