[time-nuts] Swagelok and metric tubing question

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Nov 11 13:57:22 EST 2016

Hi

https://www.mcmaster.com/#9811T14

https://www.mcmaster.com/#50365K33

First one is a 2 mm wall at $75 a chunk. Second one is 1.5 mm at $33 a chunk. It’s not
obvious why one is “compression fitting” and the other is “weld” rated. In any case, I suspect
you need the 2X more expensive, done just for compression fitting versionl. If anybody
is looking in their junk box, time to take your calipers out and check if that wall thickness
is 2.0 mm or 1.5 mm (I guess …).

Bob