[time-nuts] Thermal impact on OCXO

Scott Stobbe scott.j.stobbe at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 18:48:55 EST 2016

A few different plots. I didn't have an intuitive feel for what the B
coefficient in log term looks like on a plot, so that is the first
plot. The same aging curve is plotted three times, with the exception
of the B coefficient being scaled by 1/10, 1, 10 respectively. In hand
waving terms, it does have an enormous impact during the first 30 days
(or until Bt >>1), but from then on, it is just an additive offset.

The next 4 plots are just sample fits with noise added.

Finally the 6th plot is of just the first 30 days, the data would seem
to be cleaner than what was shown as a sample in the paper, but the
stability of the B coefficient in 10 monte-carlo runs is not great.
But when plotted over a year the results are minimal.

          A1              A2            A3
     0.022914       6.8459   0.00016743
     0.022932       6.6702   0.00058768
     0.023206       5.7969    0.0026103
     0.023219       4.3127    0.0093793
      0.02374       2.8309     0.016838
     0.023119       5.0214    0.0061557
     0.023054       5.8399    0.0031886
     0.022782       9.8582   -0.0074089
     0.023279       3.7392     0.012161
      0.02345       4.1062    0.0095448

The only other thing to point out from this, is that the A2 and A3
coefficients are highly non-orthogonal, as A2 increases, A3 drops to
make up the difference.