[time-nuts] precision timing pulse

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Nov 16 22:17:45 EST 2016

tvb at LeapSecond.com said:
> Arduino probably uses compiled code, external libraries, and interrupts so
> that also is a no-no for precise time.

There are two parts to the Arduino ecosystem.  One is low cost hardware.  The
other is a software package that is easy for non-wizards to use.

I'd be very surprised if somebody hasn't figured out how to call subroutines
coded in assembly language.  If so, you can use their hardware and their
software environment and write your code like it was running on a bare
machine as long as you add a wrapper to call it from their environment and
start your code with a disable interrupts.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.