[time-nuts] How can I measure GPS Antenna quality?

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Tue Nov 22 23:20:52 EST 2016

Mark wrote:

> The tricky bit is interpolating signal levels between logged points (there is a display options for showing the raw signal level data).   Heather interpolates between adjacent azimuth points at each elevation angle.

I always wondered about the "filled in" (interpolated) plot.  To my
observation, the orbital tracks of the satellites do not wander anywhere
near +/- 22.5 degrees.  It is unclear to me that interpolating the data
to areas of the sky where satellites never appear has any utility.

I suppose it makes trends somewhat easier to spot -- but that could also
be done just by making the dots on the raw chart a bit larger, without
suggesting a continuity of reception-space that doesn't exist.

Or am I missing something?

Charles