[time-nuts] Need Time Help

William H. Fite omniryx at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 14:15:43 EDT 2016

Indeed, Nick. And more than a little (usually) courteous one upmanship
couched in terms of being helpful by correcting all previous posters. This
gentlemanly "mine is bigger than yours" phenomenon is part of what makes
this group fun to read.

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 2:03 PM, Nick Sayer via time-nuts <time-nuts at febo.com
> wrote:

> To be fair, this is at least partly because asking a relatively simple
> question here routinely turns into a dissertation defense.
>
> > On Oct 6, 2016, at 3:45 AM, Bob Camp <kb8tq at n1k.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > That’s very typical in a lot of forums. The OP tosses up a question and
> then pretty much vanishes.
> > My observation is that roughly 80% of the “I have a question” threads
> work that way.
> > I’ve never been able to figure out if it is an expectation that all
> answers will arrive in an hour or two
> > or if the OP is simply reading along and sees no reason to providing
> more information to the group.
> > Either way, I’m pretty sure that the focus of the answers is not all
> that great a week after the last input.
> >
> > Bob

Intelligence has never been proof against stupidity.