[time-nuts] Inexpensive Alternative to a 5120A

Paul Boven p.boven at xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 9 03:05:29 EDT 2016

Hi Randal,

On 2016-10-07 18:52:57, Cube Central wrote:
> Is there an alternative that someone could point me to that would cost only a couple hundred rather than (what I expect) is a couple thousand?  How would I go about gathering the data needed for these nifty ADEV graphs I see floating about in here?

People have reported (also on this list) that some SDR (software defined
radio) hardware is quite capable of emulating a 5120/5125, and even
going beyond it in performance.

"Oscillator metrology with software defined radio, Sherman, J.A.,
Jördens, R." - arXiv:1605.03505 [physics.ins-det]
https://arxiv.org/abs/1605.03505

Regards, Paul Boven.