[time-nuts] For those that insist on using switching power supplies

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Wed Oct 12 17:05:58 EDT 2016

I've actually got 10 or 12 of those sitting in a box.  I got them because of the "grounded" power header.  The units I got used the 3-pin header but only had a 2-wire plug.  So, something seemed wrong and I opened it up.  I noticed the same thing: that the non-soldered ground pin went nowhere.  But, I demanded my money back due to the power cord not being as pictured, and went back to my previous supplier of a different power unit.  Since it was from China, it wasn't economic to ship them back.  It may be that ebay actually paid for the refund, I don't remember.  The build quality was pretty poor, and that figures since it had a screw-together clamshell.

Bob