[time-nuts] measuring noise of power supplies (was: For those that insist on using switching power supplies)

David davidwhess at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 23:25:55 EDT 2016

I have done this and it works great; the breakpoint between the
chopper amplifier and the low noise amplifier can be adjusted to
combine the wideband noise from the low noise amplifier and the 1/f
noise and drift of the chopper amplifier.

Jim Williams wrote a couple of different application notes where this
was used with both integrated and discrete amplifiers.