[time-nuts] PC clock generator without 14.318MHz

Vladimir Smotlacha vs at cesnet.cz
Tue Oct 18 10:53:15 EDT 2016

Hello,

I have operated own NTP servers with stable system clock for many years.
The principle is quite simple - I replaced 14.318 MHz quartz with OCXO
based circuit. Now I have to build few more servers with modern mini-ITX
motherboards, however on many of them (e.g. from ASUS) I can’t find any
14.317 MHz quartz.  Such frequency is a relic of original PC design and
I wonder if it is used any other basic frequency in recent clock generators?

thanks,
	Vladimir