[time-nuts] PC clock generator without 14.318MHz

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue Oct 18 19:25:58 EDT 2016

On Tue, 18 Oct 2016 23:36:55 +0200
Magnus Danielson <magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org> wrote:

> To this day, the 1.001 factor haunts us in all modern hardware and
> timing designs, including the latest synchronization standards.
>
> It's fascinating that we have been simulating several centuries into the
> future to ensure that the algorithms for the synchronization will make
> the 1.001 factor keep working as intended. I wrote one such simulator
> being used.

So, you are doing the inverse of a programmer archeologist[1]?

SCNR :-)

On a more more serious note: what exactly have you been simulating?
And how does this frequency make a difference?

			Attila Kinali

[1] http://lambda-the-ultimate.org/node/4424
--
Malek's Law:
        Any simple idea will be worded in the most complicated way.