[time-nuts] 1PPS to 32.768 khz

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Oct 20 07:08:31 EDT 2016

Hi

One problem with a PLL and a 1 Hz input are the values of components
you get in the loop. The other issue is the cost of the VCXO that will get
you to 32,768 KHz. The PLL as described by the OP would need the 1 pps
divided by 2 with a lot of PLL chips. You now are locking 32768 to 0.5 Hz.

It gets complicated pretty fast.

Bob