[time-nuts] KSC big clock

Nick Sayer nsayer at kfu.com
Thu Oct 20 12:28:32 EDT 2016

This may be obvious, but anyone making such a device today would be well advised to use LED strips instead. We just upgraded the lighting in my wife’s office/craft room with an LED panel light. It’s around 4’x1’x1” and puts out 4000 lumens - quite bright and enough to fill the entire room with task level lighting. You could certainly make the equivalent of a T8 bulb out of modern high output LEDs and they’d be able to be switched on and off solid-state and they wouldn’t suffer from frequent switching. Heck, you could probably multiplex them the same way you multiplex smaller LED displays and it would still work.