[time-nuts] Opening an Isotemp OCXO

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 12:53:39 EDT 2016

I confirmed the pin out matches a 74s30 also. An S30 is TTL. Great pix to
look at.
So 12 V on a 5 V chip is indeed a smoker. Find out why there was 12 V.
OK crazy talk I see a 1K resistor next to the VCC chip. Would anyone be
crazy enough to use a dropping resistor from 12 V to get 5?? Really bad
engineering and I don't actually believe they would. But if true a open
74s30 would indeed show 12 V on pin 14.
Good luck.
Paul
WB8TSL