[time-nuts] Tbolt issues

Lars Walenius lars.walenius at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 2 17:06:26 EDT 2016

You are absolute right in that it is a that depends sort of things.

Fast temperature changes might really be something that upsets a GPSDO especially if the time constant is long.

By taking temperature data and multiply with your oscillators temperature coefficient you can do ADEV for the temperature dependence. Quite interesting especially with an HVAC or the sun shining on the GPSDO! Or you can simply take the maximum temperature shift x temperature coefficient for the same time as your GPSDO  time constant to estimate the frequency error you can have depending on the temperature. Of course that is also a that depend sort of thing but at least gives an indication. Say that you have for example a time constant of 1000secs and a temperature change of 2°C during 1000secs and a temperature coefficient of 5E-11/°C that will give you a change of 1E-10 and the loop will not manage to compensate for it in time.

Lars