[time-nuts] HP-105B Battery Replacement?

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Wed Sep 14 19:45:32 EDT 2016

Hi Jeremy:

It's a very bad idea to put any battery with acid in an enclosure that has electronics since if it vents the acid will
etch the PCBs.
Guess how I learned this.  I got a great price on a Gibbs Frequency Standard because the oven no longer worked.
http://prc68.com/I/office_equip.html

Modern Ni-Cad batteries have much more capacity than older ones and no longer have a memory effect.  They are also very
easy to charge, so why not just replace the old cells?

--
Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke, N6GCE
http://www.PRC68.com