[time-nuts] HP-105B Battery Replacement?

Jeremy Nichols jn6wfo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 14:13:35 EDT 2016

Your point is well made. My question is: what happens to the quality of
the output sine wave if I use anything other than a true sine-wave
(i.e., expensive) UPS? Most of them these days produce a semi-sine wave
(aka modified square wave) that may or may not play well with the 105B.
Anyone have experience?

A external battery and appropriate chargers and cabling does sound like
another good alternative. Harder to move around but I don't (yet) have
such a need, only that the 105B stay "on" regardless of power failures.

Jeremy