[time-nuts] HP-105B Battery Replacement?

Alexander Pummer alexpcs at ieee.org
Thu Sep 15 18:13:21 EDT 2016

if you deep discharge led acid batteries -- which are not made special
for deep discharge -- you will have to replace them quite often, on the
other hand Ni-Fe batteries you could short out, overcharge they are
undisrtuktable that is the reason why they are not produced any more in
the US, they do not fit into the American business-model, but phone
companies, railway and aviation still using them, you could still find
old electrical forklifts with Ni-Fe battery made by Edison Batteries in
the sixties in the past century the batteries are still fine. Tudor -- a
led-acid battery producer -- purchased Edison Batteries and closed down
the formidable competitor

73
KL6UHN
Alex