[time-nuts] Symmetricom SGC-1500

Julien Goodwin time-nuts at studio442.com.au
Wed Sep 21 07:15:26 EDT 2016

Can anyone from Symmetricom/Microsemi help me with a firmware image for
an SGC-1500 for personal use?

I picked this thing up on eBay over a year ago, but only just got around
to getting the needed serial adapter bits to talk to it (should anyone
else need it, it's rolled from the standard Cisco convention, and 115200
8N1).

It seems like this unit must have been running some form of experimental
image based on the variety of boot errors it has. I tried the default
password I could find (admin/symmetricom) which let me log in but then
kicked me right back out as it couldn't find the shell.

Relevant version strings from the boot logs:
Linux version 2.6.32.46.cge (root at cbuf15.symmetricom.com) (gcc version
4.3.3 (Cavium Networks Version: 2_1_0 build 110) ) #5 SMP PREEMPT Tue
Mar 12 14:57:59 MDT 2013

MontaVista Linux CGE 6 .dev-snapshot-20120201 SGC-1500 console