[time-nuts] Normal operating specs of a Morion MV89?

Scott Stobbe scott.j.stobbe at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 12:38:29 EDT 2016

Your oscilloscope fft is plotting single-side amplitude spectrum in V/rtHz
(dBV/rtHz), this is in contrast to a spectrum analyzer which plots power
spectral density W/Hz or (dBm/Hz).

So -2.17 dBv is 10^(-2.17/20) = 0.779 Vrms comparing this to your Vpk-pk
measurement

2.3 / 2 / sqrt(2) = 0.813 Vrms

That's not to say a scope can't plot power spectrum if the load is
explicitly given or assumed 50 Ohms, but in general the plot is amplitude.