[time-nuts] COTS cesium standard physics package life

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Sep 29 14:02:44 EDT 2016

Hi

Are you interested in improving the likelihood of the unit working 30 years out or of it
working 15 years out? The “operating” case will ultimately kill various parts in the standard
that would not die sitting on the shelf. The pumping process *may* extend the life of the tube…..
What the pumping process *will* do is reduce the amount of time needed to bring the unit
back to life after it has been on the shelf for 30 years.

Bob