[time-nuts] HP5061B Peak to Valley Ratios

cdelect at juno.com cdelect at juno.com
Sun Apr 2 14:20:21 EDT 2017

Donald,

I agree with John, remove the gearing gizmo from the 10811 assy. the
adjust hole lines up any way so no need to drill a hole. you just need a
long insulated tuning tool. Also agree that a quick indication of tube
operation can be seen if the beam current rises when the mod is turned
off.

The Cesium tube test, set seen in
http://leapsecond.com/corby/HP-5071A-with-5061A-4.docx
is essentially a stand alone low frequency coil test. If I can't get a
decent LF coil beam current I scrap the tube as it's a waste of time to
put in in a unit and try the RF tests.

The test set uses a 555 based oscillator.

For low frequency tests in an instrument I use a 651B or 204C.

Set the amplitude and frequency for a peak on the beam current, make sure
mod is off and that you are on the central peak.

The figure of merit test in the manual will give an indication of how
well the tube and instrument are working, but a definitive test is to
perform an Allan deviation of the unit.

Cheers,

Corby