[time-nuts] TU30 jump second

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 4 11:20:13 EDT 2017

Lady Heather can work with the Jupiter receivers in either NMEA or Zodiac (binary) mode.  Heather checks time stamps for consistency and flags any that are out of sequence.  I usually run it in binary mode.  It's been a while since I ran mine, but I don't remember ever seeing any skips.  The Jupiter receivers do have the odd "feature" of having the time stamps off by a second.

I have seen several early GPS receivers that do have issues with generating consecutive time stamps.  It is caused by the receiver processor not having enough speed to always complete all the calculations within a 1 second interval.