[time-nuts] Spirent STR4500 GPS simulator

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 09:46:36 EDT 2017

Phil
Welcome to the group.
Funny you mention the Spirent. I see many available for semi reasonable
pricing though for Ham/Time-nuts a bit pricey still at $295 for a tinkerer.
And they do not come with the disk.
But as was pointed out to me by a fellow time-nut you don't need it. You
can directly control the unit by rs232 through quite simple commands. Use a
USB to RS232 converter if you do not have a real port.
You can create batch files of the comands on and on. I had downloaded the
manual to look at.
However I will not be buying a unit for quite a long time. Would need to be
sub $100 for me at least.
Good luck and have fun.
Regards
Paul