[time-nuts] The ultraAtomic clock for home

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Apr 5 13:20:16 EDT 2017

Hi

> On Apr 5, 2017, at 9:00 AM, Jim Harman <j99harman at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 7:30 AM, Bob kb8tq <kb8tq at n1k.org> wrote:
>
>> I’m still a bit unclear on how many people will set up a wall of clocks
>> running
>> on a dozen or so time zones. Obviously the people making clocks are
>> very much in favor of doing that
>>

> It's probably for flashy newsrooms, where they like to have clocks with the
> time in London, Moscow, Tokyo, etc. It's nice to have all the second hands
> jumping simultaneously!
>
> The challenge there is to keep the clocks correct for summer time, which
> changes on different dates in Europe and of course in the other direction
> in the Southern Hemisphere.

I’m *sure* :) that the embedded information in the chip takes care of all that stuff
correctly ….

On a side note, my Citizen WWVB watch missed the change to DST this year.
I still had it set to European time and it was not able to figure out which system
to update to. I suppose it also may have been looking for DCF77 rather than WWVB.

Multiple time zone stuff is *not* simple.

Bob