[time-nuts] The ultraAtomic clock for home

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 18:53:56 EDT 2017

Yes its quite common. The clocks are always off by sometime and generally
never account for winter and summer time. Lastly ooops the ole batteries
dead or corroded.
In Broadcast facilities all of the clocks are actually driven by
synchronized time codes. Either LTC or IRIG. The clocks can be either
analog or digital.
Being a time nut numbers of my clocks run on LTC and I have used IRIG.
Silly. I know.

But what I can say is as mentioned the new ultraclocks should be very very
good over the troublesome AM units.
I used the CME8000 chip for quite some time supporting some testing.
Essentially logging when it did or didn't obtain complete sentances. Boy
did it work.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL