[time-nuts] TAPR Oncore M12+ kit

Dave Mallery dave.mallery at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 16:55:05 EDT 2017

hi

after carefully crafting the suggested db9mf cable (with 16vdc on 7 & 8+) i
powered up, but no green led...

the db9 to chassis seems ok. but am still engaged.  there is no voltage
across the backup battery (the holder seems slightly bent).

the lack of a schematic for the mobo is a big problem.  any documentation
on the 10-pin interconnect to the m12 would be nice.

i guess this is what you call a slow start...

73

dave - k5en

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 11:49 AM, Dan Rae <danrae at verizon.net> wrote:

> Worth looking closely at these if you've bought one.  On mine, apart from
> the connector to the DB9 being pulled off and some pins bent, which I could
> fix, there are two tiny SM ceramic caps that have been knocked off the M12
> GPS board, both hanging by one of the detached PC traces.   This I may be
> able to fix, but I'm not certain obviously :^)
>
> Dan - ac6ao

Dave Mallery, K5EN                 (ubuntu linux 16-10)
PO Box 15                              Ophir,  OR  97464

      linux counter #64628 (since 1997)