[time-nuts] The ultraAtomic clock for home

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 17:36:29 EDT 2017

Hello to the group. No there is not a way to bring that information out.
In fact it samples things much like other Time nuts threads have been
discussing on GPS.

It then stores the samples and figures out the data. So every 1.5 minutes
you get a complete sentence. Its actually a bit more tricky then that
because there are several modes to operate with. After getting a sentence
you can operate in a short mode that allows the system to figure out the
start of a minute and the tick.

So that all sounds very bad. But actually its not.
The sentence is quite complex especially with the error coding. Then there
are also bits you simply can't easily determine because they can be
changed. (Not that I have actually seen this) Obtaining the sentence allows
you to fabricate the next sentences and then flip the incoming carrier one
way or the other to remove the BPSK.

That is exactly how the cheat'n-d-psk-r works though I just grab GPS time
and fabricate the message straight out. This all requires 64 bit variables
and math.
Yes I could indeed use this wwvb signal. Just lazy and the cheatn d-psk-r
GPS works very well so have not been motivated to change.
Tom thanks for Orens email.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL