[time-nuts] Car Clock drift - the lowly 32kHz tuning fork crystal specs

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 12:45:08 EDT 2017

On Sun, Apr 9, 2017 at 4:45 AM, Tim Shoppa <tshoppa at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've had only a few different cars over the past 25 years but I've been
> impressed with how accurate their mass-market built-in clocks are,

Have you always lived in the same place.  What is the average year
round temperature there?

What I live the clocks always gain time, a minute every could mounts.
It seems I always have to set the time back a minute or two.  But then
it really never gets cold here, maybe a dip below 50F at night in the
winter

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California