[time-nuts] Re. DIY atomic "resonator" 6GHz synthesizer from ADI

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Apr 11 22:13:25 EDT 2017

Hi

If you make the cells in the basement (or even in most factories) the ability to have a wide range
synthesizer will come in handy. The whole “6.834xxx GHz” thing is dependent on a number of variables.
It is not at all uncommon to produce cells that come out 10’s or 100’s of KHz off of the “right number”.
Wide range synthesizer = higher yield.

Bob