[time-nuts] noise sources Re: Re. DIY atomic "resonator"

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Apr 13 09:09:51 EDT 2017

Hi

You likely would get more noise density out of the NE-2 than the incandescent bulb. The
advantage of the incandescent is that you can estimate the temperature fairly accurately
and thus come up with the noise by calculation. We did the build as part of a radio club
meeting back in the 60’s. I was still in high school and will not in any way claim I followed
the zigs and zags of the physics between the various candidate sources as that was all presented.
My only focus was on “what goes where to make it work” :)

Bob