[time-nuts] Measuring coax temperature coefficient with a TICC

Alex Pummer alex at pcscons.com
Wed Apr 19 22:20:42 EDT 2017

most likely the cooper is much ticker than the penetration of the lowest
frequency for which the cable is used, therefore the high frequency
"does not" see the steel inside of the cooper, that steel could cause
problem if the coax also used to carry some power -- DC or AC -- because
at lower frequency or DC the cable's current carried mostly in the
cooper, and while the cooper constitute just a small fraction of the
center wire cross section, a cable with "steel core" could carry much
less current, than a cable with full cooper. But the steel core cable
has one advantage it is usually stronger than a full cooper cable and
therefore it is usable for outside installation with larger support
distance.

73
KJ6UHN,  [a former engineer of a cable manufacturer ]
Alex