[time-nuts] TAPR Oncore M12+ kit

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Apr 28 16:09:20 EDT 2017

Hi

If you ever get a chance to visit a PCB fab it’s an interesting sort of process. No
two of them are quite the same. The gear they have does impact what they can
or can’t do. Every one I have ever visited has done routing on the boards. That
may be because it is a very common requirement on industrial boards. Essentially
they just swap out he drill bit for a routing bit and go with it. It’s not quite that simple,
but almost. The big reason you don’t see it done on the low end boards is that it takes
time. The machine isn’t a cheap item so in this case time is money. It’s the same
reason a “real” fab will hit you with a charge for the number of holes you want on the
board. Same basic issue - time on the machine.

Bob